Tuesday, July 8, 2008

In Vegas and Out



Sittin here in the Las Vegas airport is probably more amusing than any other airport in the states. I am entertained by the audio blasting like a foghorn from the baggage claim carousel, which I can testify, distracts the mind quite a lot, hence the amount of misspelled words I've had to correct. Except for the fact I have been waiting for my luggage for an hour, the trip so far (3 hours into) has gone very smoothly,  
"Oh there it is." Found the luggage don't worry. 
For those who don't know my heart carries me to Lander, Wyoming. "Why the hell is Scott going to Wyoming?"" What's there? "Well everyone, Lander has some of the best limestone climbing in the States. So a couple of friends and myself have chosen to go investigate. Chris Lindner, Carlos Mason, Spencer (from Vegas, whom I have not been formally introduced to) are leaving in about 40 minutes to drive from Las Vegas, NV,  overnight, in route to Lander, Wyoming. The drive will include lot's of talking smack and probably a lot of caffeine, despite my efforts to eat all natural lately.  If I remain without caffeine it will help any meditations, and a quest towards zen. 
What is else is new? Well, I am doing my best to pick a community college that suits my needs. San Diego is just a little too familiar, hence I have found 3 community colleges that would provide a great change for me: Cerro Coso located in Mammoth Lakes, CA has some of the best climbing in the world, just around the corner in Bishop. Berkley, has some of the best gyms in California, has some good bouldering, and with weekend spots only about 3 hours away. College of the Redwoods, located in Eureka, Ca (in Humboldt) has some awesome limestone and beach bouldering plus a way cool liberal community. All having attributes that lure me, my mind traces what  I once heard a buddhist say: "no matter how much you stress or worry, all will turn out well". I figure the people that I still love will love me: My family, my girlfriend, and my friends, the ocean, the mountains, the dirt and the sun. Sometimes, I close my eyes when the stress of these decisions weights heavy, and recite hymns of positive thoughts. Without trying to think, words come to my mind instantly, here is what I found on the plane. " There are those who don't believe and those who do believe, those that do believe, know." I opened my eyes, and figured everything would be well, all I must do is be healthy and live.  

No comments: